There used to be a bowling green at the Armitage Bridge Conservative Club off Stockwell Hill. The Club was built circa 1886 to a design by local architect Edward W. Lockwood, it was sometimes referred to as the Berry Brow and Armitage Bridge Conservative Club. A bowling green was situated at the rear of the club.
The property was still shown on early 1960s Ordanance Survey maps but had been demolished by 1970. Did the bowling green disappear with the Club or had it already been replaced by then? Tell Us
Below is today's map with some old building locations added along with the location of the bowling green imposed upon it.